Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It takes a village to raise our children….


Yeah, I’ve reached the end of my course and I will be reporting the results of this blog to my peers next week so this will be my last post. Before I go I wanted to look again at those things we as mothers and fathers are commanded to do in the course of raising our children. I’ll caution you not to be weighed down by the list but rather find it relieving that it can appear to be so simple.


"Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live."


                If we take a deeper look into this, it’s awesome to see just four concepts for us to teach our children, they must love and serve one-another, observe the commandments of god, and be law abiding citizens. I’d love to hear your thoughts? How do you do this, are there any other lessons that need to be added to this list? If so, why?